There are more Indigenous kids in the child welfare system today than at the height of residential schools. But no one knows exactly how high the number goes, as not all jurisdictions keep data on the number of kids in care, and while the Trudeau government claims child welfare is a leading cause of suicides among Indigenous youth APTN uncovered not all Indigenous children suicides are classified as such. Please read this in depth report by clicking on the link.
- ‘Colonial patriarchal masculinity’ keeps #MeToo stories inside Indigenous communities
- ‘See Me’: Indigenous women take stand against human trafficking in London
- Life and Death In Care
- Meet the people of Eel Ground First Nation who are using food to reclaim culture
- Montreal all-girls school honours missing and murdered Indigenous women with dress project
- Clan Mothers News
- Healthy Indigenous Community Projects
- Indigenous People and the Justice System
- Indigenous Women and the Envirornment
- Indigenous youth
- Land Based Education
- missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls.
- Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Indigenous Women and Girls
- Two-Spirited People